Position Title: TAIP Outpatient Services Counselor
Location: Main Office
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $30,825.69 - $41,460 (commensurate with experience)
Open: June 1, 2017
The Counselor works under the guidance of a Supervisor. The Counselor is responsible for providing comprehensive counseling services/classroom instruction and guidance to a client caseload in the areas of substance abuse, emotional and mental health issues, and life skills within the scope of CSCD programming, policies and procedures and DSHS Standards.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts therapeutic group and individual counseling.
- Completes client psychosocial assessments, develops and revises client treatment plans.
- Conducts weekly client progress assessments and any reports on client status and activities as required.
- Conducts substance abuse education as described by program.
- Conducts personal and social adjustment training as described by program.
- Develops referral linkages with community resources.
- Adheres to licensure standards/rules governing confidentiality.
- Maintains client files with comprehensive documentation of all treatment activities.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Reports any and all personnel problems to TAIP Supervisor.
- Initiates and attends Monthly Treatment Team Staffings and Treatment Team Meetings as needed.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
- Complies with TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as required.
- LCDC and/or LPC.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to conduct therapeutic counseling for individuals and groups
- NCIC/TCIC background check meeting TDCJ PD75 guidelines
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Must possess a solid understanding of the dynamics of the disease of addiction and various program types pertinent to the addictive personality
- Prefer prior working experience in the Criminal Justice System
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to operate various office equipment
- Have the ability to utilize a personal computer
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to conduct fair and objective investigations
- Possess good judgment and sound decision making skills
- Ability to project and maintain an image consistent with the aims, goals and philosophy of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate the mission and philosophy of the Department
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment).
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
- Must have the appropriate automobile insurance